We support our clients in completing the registration process. We ensure that none of the application is rejected we make sure that we receive TRN for all eligible business at the earliest, we assist our clients in collating the information required for registration.
The following business is the ones who should and can apply for VAT in UAE registration on or before 4 December 2017, as per the Federal Tax Authority (FTA):
- Annual turnover is more than AED 375,000 (a must registration)
- Annual turnover is between AED 187,500 and AED 375,000 (optional registration)
- Annual turnover is less than AED 187,500 (registration not required)
About VAT registration:
a) Mandatory Registration
Any business is required to register if they fall into the following classifications:
- For over the 12-month period, the taxable supplies of the business go beyond the mandatory registration threshold, or
- The business expects to make taxable supplies in the next 30 days that will have a value that is more than the mandatory registration threshold, or
- The amount of mandatory registration threshold is AED 375,000.
b) Voluntary Registration
Any business that doesn’t meet the mandatory registration criteria and falls into the following classifications may opt for a voluntary registration:
- In the previous 12-month period, their taxable supplies or taxable expenditures are worth more than the voluntary registration threshold, or
- The business expects for their taxable supplies or taxable expenditure for the next 30 days to be worth more than the voluntary registration threshold, or
- The amount for the voluntary registration threshold is AED 187,500.
A group of companies may register under a single VAT registration entity if they meet the eligibility requirements. Such a group is considered as a single taxable entity and allowed to balance the tax credit of member companies. Trade within group companies also does not attract tax.
Eligibility to form a VAT Group has been announced and the businesses that satisfy certain requirements covered under the Legislation (such as being resident in the UAE and being related/associated parties) will be able to register as a VAT group.